Lead Applications Consultant
Job no: 493906
Work type: Full time
Hi! We’re Telstra Purple
We’re more than just tech and innovation. We’re a collection of passionate people who give purpose to technology. These are the most important aspects of our business - in fact, so important that we’ve used them to literally inspire our name (Purpose & People).
Everything we do is founded on our core beliefs:
- We thrive when our people thrive
- Our customer's success is our success
- We are trusted and empowered as individuals
- We are stronger together
- We continuously learn, share and innovate
About the role
We're looking for a Lead Applications Consultant, with a strong background in Development, to architect application migrations and development on cloud platforms. Our ideal candidate will have a blend of experience across both Pre-Sales and Delivery.
- Commercial focus with responsibility of technical proposals, you will work closely with the Sales team to meet and exceed target
- Work with business and technical stakeholders to quickly understand the problems from customer and drive solutions for customers
- Strong solution design skills in cloud and application space and presentation skills
- Estimate and outline the solution proposals, and articulate the application and infrastructure design rationale
- Implementation of proposed solutions and delivery of proof of concept
- Technical ownership of project delivery guiding the team to successful development and deployment of the proposed solution
- Work with wider team to understand application infrastructure needs and to ensure these are developed and maintained during the life of the application
- Document infrastructure and application architecture and ensure all is up to date
- Socialising infrastructure/application policies and practices
- Help drive infrastructure as code using deployment automation tools
Ideally, you'll have:
- Key technical expertise in Orchestration (Kubernetes), Containerization (Docker), DevSecOps & Re-architecture of application (Serverless, Micro-services)
- Knowledge in CI/CD for both IaaS, PaaS and container based hosting environments
- Microsoft Azure Certified (AWS and Google also nice to have)
- Solution Architect (expert) on AWS a massive plus
- Detailed knowledge of systems infrastructure, networking, monitoring and supporting tooling
- Good knowledge of security fundamentals, including encryption, certificates, etc.
- Pre-Sales experience presenting solution designs in cloud and application space
- Work-life integration - we understand life happens when you're busy making other plans, so we offer flexibility around where, and when you work
- Medical and health benefits.
- Insurance benefits
- Mobile phone and plan provided.
- Professional development program
- Discounted Telecom Services with preferred partners
We're after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm, and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit. We benefit from the unique gifts and backgrounds of each person in our business, and push for diversity of thought in all we do.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend