Managed Services Sales and Product Management Specialist
Job no: 493908
Work type: Full time
Categories: Managed Services
Hi! We’re Telstra Purple
We’re more than just tech and innovation. We’re a collection of passionate people who give purpose to technology. These are the most important aspects of our business – in fact, so important that we’ve used them to literally inspire our name (Purpose & People).
Everything we do is founded on our core beliefs:
- We thrive when our people thrive
- Our customer's success is our success.
- We are trusted and empowered as individuals
- We are stronger together
- We continuously learn, share and innovate
Join us on the leading edge of innovation, as we help our clients navigate to a brilliantly connected future.
About the role
We are looking for a Sales and Product Management Specialist to join our team in Sydney. You will play a key role in facilitating and driving growth and profitability of Telstra Purple Managed Services as well as developing and managing Telstra Purple Managed Services products.
Your success in this role will depend on your ability to deliver exceptional outcomes in these 3 key areas:
- Commercial Management
- Establish and maintain Managed Services template contracts
- Review individual managed services contract profitability and identify changes required to costing models and practices
- Work with delivery leads to understand where available bandwidth exists
- Track and review pipeline
- Provide updates on expected wins
- Product Management
- Product Lifecycle
- Work with key stakeholders to review and prioritise new Managed Services product development
- Monitor Pre-Sales request patterns to identify what additions to Service Catalogue are required
- Manage backlog for product development
- Product Development – for existing and new managed services products
- Drive standardisation across offerings
- Engage stakeholders to gather pertinent data / content / information to develop and enhance solutions
- Define service inclusions
- Define services levels
- Develop standard service request list (IMAC Service Request catalogue)
- Develop pricing approach / structure and standard pricing for the TSD
- Define any TSD specific SLA’s
- Define Reporting
- Add to Service Catalogue
- Develop and maintain standard Technical Service Descriptions (TSD)
- Publish Managed Services – Service Catalogue
- Run education sessions with stakeholders
- Proposals / Request for Quotations (RFQs)
- Qualify all opportunities including RFQ’s
- Develop and / or review managed services SOW’s; based on standard TSD’s wherever possible
- Develop pricing for bespoke managed services proposals
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and SME conduits for Managed Services solutions
- Respond to Managed Services components of approved RFQs
- Present to customers on managed services capabilities and methodologies
- Work with sales team, as required through customer negotiations and closing opportunities
- Drive Sales
- Actively work with sales team and SDM’s to identify and drive MS opportunities
- Develop Collateral
- Capability statements, presentation decks
- Develop case studies
Your skills and experience:
- 8+ years of developing ICT technical and services solutions.
- Demonstrated experience developing Managed Services statements of work
- Prior experience leading and delivering complex technical projects on time and in budget.
- Strong Presales experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience in conveying benefits and selling Managed Services.
- Commercial exposure and ability to accurately cost projects.
- A track record of working to targets in a competitive sales environment.
- Developing quality documentation including presentations and proposals.
- Understanding of IT operational processes and general ITIL principles.
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud offerings, in particular hosted and managed services.
- Awareness of markets trends in Cloud and ICT & Security space.
Who are you?
You will be strategically focused, with the ability to look at the ‘big picture’ as well as dive into detail. You are a relaxed and fun, yet a professional operator - comfortable working in the grey! Operating above the line, you bring a curious mind and a sense of humour when collaborating on solutions. Your attitude will drive high performance across the squad while maintaining a positive team morale.
You love to engage with people! Stakeholders, customers, peers and consulting teams (to name a few). You are a trusted advisor to those around you and bring a sense of ease to your conversations. Some key skills your peers use when describing you may be;
- You are willing to provide constructive feedback and coaching to your stakeholders and peers
- You are confident and convincing in your personal and professional presentation
- You bring a creative and pragmatic spin to problem-solving
- Excellent time management skills has your name written all over it!
- Demonstrated ability to engage and motivate a target audience
- Advanced influencing and negotiating skills
- You work effectively in a self-directed, autonomous fashion, while being part of a high performing team
- Strong networking, influencing and collaboration skills, along with strong coaching & mentoring capabilities
- You provide proactive support to your Delivery managers to ensure a smooth-running squad model
Not to brag, but we provide some pretty compelling benefits, including:
- Work-life integration - we understand life happens when you're busy making other plans
- Access to our professional development program
- Telstra 20gb Wi-Fi hotspot
- Laptop/Device allowance renewed every 2 years
- An epic (free) Telstra mobile phone plan
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme
- Discounted Telstra products and services
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers | 6 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers
We're after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm, and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit. We benefit from the unique gifts and backgrounds of each person in our business, and push for diversity of thought in all we do.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend