Territory Sales Leader
Job no: 493909
Work type: Full time
Hi! We’re Telstra Purple
We’re more than just tech and innovation. We’re a collection of passionate people who give purpose to technology. These are the most important aspects of our business – in fact, so important that we’ve used them to literally inspire our name (Purpose & People).
Everything we do is founded on our core beliefs:
- We thrive when our people thrive
- Our customer's success is our success
- We are trusted and empowered as individuals
- We are stronger together
- We continuously learn, share and innovate
Join us on the leading edge of innovation, as we help our clients navigate to a brilliantly connected future.
About the Role
It isn't often a role as unique as this presents itself - a position that truly stands out from the rest. That allows you the responsibility to utilise your extensive experience in managing a large high performance team in an industry leading business. Not only that, but this exciting opportunity will have you accountable for Territory sales targets, as well as developing and building relationships with our internal business leaders, the wider Telstra team and of course all of our external partners.
Reporting directly to the Telstra Purple Head of Sales, and forming part of the local Telstra leadership team under the Telstra Queensland State Manager, the Territory Sales Leader will:
- Identify new trends impacting industry. Assess any implications for the Telstra Purple business and evaluate long term strategic initiatives that provide value beyond day-to-day operations.
- Drive strategic direction on all of the Telstra Purple sales groups within your territory, ensuring a healthy mix of; start-up projects/clients as well as longer sales-cycles and tenders.
- Lead by example with a culture of accountability, growing and coaching your team to position themselves with our customers as trusted advisors and mentors. Assisting them to build long term business partnerships which in turn help leverage revenue and promote Telstra Purple as a quality preferred provider.
- Develop and report on a performance plan for your territory, to nurture and grow the culture of your team, in collaboration with the Telstra Purple Sales Director.
- Work with the Sales Support Manager to develop promotion campaigns and events, in addition to working with you Sales team to prepare major proposals, tenders, contracts and account management plans.
- Collaborate with Consultant Leads and the Squad Leader to coordinate cross practice offerings and identify new learning requirements for the Sales team.
- Act as the main in-state escalation point between the client and Telstra Purple to ensure optimal service is provided at all times.
- Develop and maintain strong healthy relationships between Telstra Purple and with wider Telstra business, assisting in cross collaboration and business growth.
Who we are looking for?
You! If you are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and complexity, and enjoy managing and influencing stakeholders at all levels. If you look at a challenge as a learning opportunity and thrive when supporting your team to do the same.
To succeed, you’ll have:
- Extensive experience in leading a large and high functioning team in delivery-driven sales for a fast paced organisation.
- Previous experience with, and a passion for the IT industry –.NET development platform, Microsoft stack, cloud and platform solutions, AWS, large vendor and channel experience.
- A proven history of achieving targets, particularly within a changing landscape of a large scale organisation.
- The ability to creatively navigate challenging business situations and anticipate risks and issues before they arise.
- A positive mindset with the agility to deliver business outcomes in a complex, dynamic, and at times, ambiguous environment.
- A mature sense of judgment, intuition and high levels of EQ, with a passion for ensuring team success through coaching, and providing a safe space for team growth.
- The leadership skills necessary to stand by your decisions in relation to sales strategy, however also have the foresight to adapt and pivot when necessary.
- A natural love of networking, with the ability to build strong relationships with co-workers, C-level customers, partners and internal leaders. As well as the natural gift to negotiate and influence where, and when is appropriate.
- A flexible, pragmatic approach, always putting the needs of your team and business first.
Not to brag, but we provide some pretty compelling benefits, including:
- Work-life integration - we understand life happens when you're busy making other plans
- Access to our professional development program
- Telstra 20gb Wi-Fi hotspot
- Laptop/Device allowance renewed every 2 years
- An epic (free) Telstra mobile phone plan
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme
- Discounted Telstra products and services
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers | 6 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers
We're after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm, and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit. We benefit from the unique gifts and backgrounds of each person in our business, and push for diversity of thought in all we do.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend