Technical Consultant | IT Managed Services
Job no: 493910
Work type: Full time
Hi! We’re Telstra Purple
We’re more than just tech and innovation. We’re a collection of passionate people who give purpose to technology. These are the most important aspects of our business – in fact, so important that we’ve used them to literally inspire our name (Purpose & People).
Everything we do is founded on our core beliefs:
- We thrive when our people thrive
- Our customer's success is our success
- We are trusted and empowered as individuals
- We are stronger together
- We continuously learn, share and innovate
Join us on the leading edge of innovation, as we help our clients navigate to a brilliantly connected future.
About the role
Our Managed Services Business are seeking an experienced consultant to join our team who provide managed networking and security services to a number of our clients . Working the other consultants within your team, you will support our managed and maintenance customers, leading the response to incidents and service requests until resolution. We are looking for a self-starter who will continue to develop their skillset through self-study, participation in vendor training and by keeping up to date with industry trends and technologies. This role requires a degree of agility and flexibility as our business continues to evolve. A passion for people and for solving complex and challenging resourcing issues is essential.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a trusted advisor, communicating a shared vision to engage stakeholders in the achievement of enterprise goals
- Apply business and commercial fundamentals and success criteria to inform planning and decision making
- Empathise with the customer to develop a deep understanding of their needs, behaviours and goals and synthesise research to generate insights and recommendations
- Create documents, collateral and communications to ensure the use of effective and accurate language, messaging, and/or data that fulfills its intended purpose
- Consult with various stakeholders including General Managers and Directors to influence resource outcomes and manage resource demand via consulting pipeline.
- Work with market facing teams as well as market analysts to identify future pipeline of consulting.
You should have skills and experience across the full project lifecycle in Networks and Telecoms including (but not limited to):
- LAN, WAN, wireless, DC switching, multiple vendors and integration Security experience across, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Check point, and Blue Coat proxy.
- Network Hardware - All major Cisco hardware and IOS and CAT IOS, Riverbed, Juniper, F5, Checkpoint, Cisco/Aruba Wireless.
- IP Routing & Switching - Expert knowledge of IP Routing and switching. Extensive experience in all the major routing and switching protocols, such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP V2, and Multicast, Spanning Tree, VLANs, ATM, MPLS/Tag Switching, and Data Link Switching
- SD WAN Technologies – Viptela, VeloCloud, MerakiQoS - Classification, Congestion Management, Queue Management, Traffic Shaping and Policing Tools, Link Efficiency Mechanism.
- Demonstrated experience in solving problems of varying complexity through analysis, synthesis of potential solutions, and test/deployment of technical resolutions.
- Previous knowledge / experience and Appreciation for the importance of ITIL processes including, but not limited to change management, incident management, and event management.
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Previous experience in client facing role
- Your certifications should include a number of the following: Cisco : CCNP,CCIE ; Palo Alto :ACE, PCNSE; Blue Coat : BCCPA, BCCPP; Fortinet : NSE4 or above ;Juniper: JNCIS, JNCIA-FWV, JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-SSL Aruba : ACMP, ACCX; Riverbed : RCSP-W, RCSP-HCB; F5 Roadmap Certs (LTM, GTM, APM, ASM); ITIL Foundation
Not to brag, but we provide some pretty compelling benefits, including:
- Work-life integration - we understand life happens when you're busy making other plans
- Access to our professional development program
- Telstra 20gb Wi-Fi hotspot
- Laptop/Device allowance renewed every 2 years
- An epic (free) Telstra mobile phone plan
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme
- Discounted Telstra products and services
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers | 6 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers
We're after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm, and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit. We benefit from the unique gifts and backgrounds of each person in our business, and push for diversity of thought in all we do.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend